National Library of Australia
||Croydon, Vic. : Tertiary Press, 2001
li, 1228 p. ; 27 cm.
This comprehensive but eminently readable new book provides an up-to date review of current legal practice in business. First, the Australian legal system is outlined. The book then discusses enforcable agreements; ownership of real, personal and intellectual property; and more.
- Part One. The Framework of the Law: 1. Understanding the Australian legal system; 2. Judge-made law and the court system; 3. Statute law and the Westminster system
- Part Two. Making Enforceable Agreements: 4. Reaching agreement; 5. Validity, breach and discharge; 6. Terms
- Part Three. Building and Protecting Assets: 7. Real and personal property; 8. Intellectual property; 9. Franchises; 10. Trusts
- Part Four. Working Within Business Structures: 11. Sole traders, partnerships, associations and cooperatives; 12. Companies and the corporations law; 13. Company operations and statutory obligations; 14. Corporate fundraising, equity and takeovers; 15. Choosing a business operating structure; 16. Company insolvency; 17. Bankruptcy
- Part Five. Building Sound Relationships: 18. Leases and licences; 19. Bailment; 20. Agency; 21. Insurance; 22. Consumer credit; 23. Guarantees; 24. Debt collecting; 25. The Financial system and negotiable instruments; 26. E-commerce, data and privacy; 27. Financial Transaction Reports Act
- Part Six. Meeting Our Duties to Others: 28. Sale of goods; 29. Consumers and the Trade Practices Act; 30. Marketing goods and services; 31. Trade practices and competition; 32. Negligence and the duty of care; 33. Torts other than negligence; 34. Workplace relations
- Appendices: Appendix A. CBFC Limited prospectus; Appendix B. Appointing a receiver; Appendix C. Steps in a liquidation; Appendix D. Proof debt in liquidation.0000000000000
Includes bibliographical references and index.
For TAFE students.
||Commercial law -- Australia. | Property -- Australia.
Members of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori communities are advised that this catalogue contains names and images of deceased people. All users of the catalogue should also be aware that certain words, terms or descriptions may be culturally sensitive and may be considered inappropriate today, but may have reflected the author's/creator's attitude or that of the period in which they were written.