||Croydon, Vic. : Tertiary Press, 2001
li, 1228 p. ; 27 cm.
This comprehensive but eminently readable new book provides an up-to date review of current legal practice in business. First, the Australian legal system is outlined. The book then discusses enforcable agreements; ownership of real, personal and intellectual property; and more.
- Part One. The Framework of the Law: 1. Understanding the Australian legal system; 2. Judge-made law and the court system; 3. Statute law and the Westminster system
- Part Two. Making Enforceable Agreements: 4. Reaching agreement; 5. Validity, breach and discharge; 6. Terms
- Part Three. Building and Protecting Assets: 7. Real and personal property; 8. Intellectual property; 9. Franchises; 10. Trusts
- Part Four. Working Within Business Structures: 11. Sole traders, partnerships, associations and cooperatives; 12. Companies and the corporations law; 13. Company operations and statutory obligations; 14. Corporate fundraising, equity and takeovers; 15. Choosing a business operating structure; 16. Company insolvency; 17. Bankruptcy
- Part Five. Building Sound Relationships: 18. Leases and licences; 19. Bailment; 20. Agency; 21. Insurance; 22. Consumer credit; 23. Guarantees; 24. Debt collecting; 25. The Financial system and negotiable instruments; 26. E-commerce, data and privacy; 27. Financial Transaction Reports Act
- Part Six. Meeting Our Duties to Others: 28. Sale of goods; 29. Consumers and the Trade Practices Act; 30. Marketing goods and services; 31. Trade practices and competition; 32. Negligence and the duty of care; 33. Torts other than negligence; 34. Workplace relations
- Appendices: Appendix A. CBFC Limited prospectus; Appendix B. Appointing a receiver; Appendix C. Steps in a liquidation; Appendix D. Proof debt in liquidation.0000000000000
Includes bibliographical references and index.
For TAFE students.
||Commercial law - Australia. | Property - Australia.