National Library of Australia
||Crows Nest, N.S.W. : Allen & Unwin, 2001
xi, 225 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
"Are you being served? State, citizens and governance is the third in a series of volumes seeking to explore the future shape of Australian governance." -- p.vii
- State, citizens and governance / Glyn Davis
- Citizens' expectations and perceptions of governance / Ian McAllister and John Wanna
- Social movements : the citizens in action / Elim Papadakis
- Women's policy activism and changing relations with the state / Elizabeth van Acker
- Rethinking government's roles and operations / Michael Keating and Patrick Weller
- Reshaping service delivery / Michael Keating
- Challenges to Indigenous service delivery / Michele Ivanitz
- Accountability and governance / Richard Mulgan and John Uhr
- Developing consent : consultation, participation and governance / Patrick Bishop and Glyn Davis
- The summit of their discontents : crisis or mere transition? / Patrick Weller
First volume in the series: The future of governance : policy options / Glyn Davis and Michael Keating : Allen and Unwin, 2000. The second volume in the series : Institutions on the edge? Capacity for governance / edited by Michael Keating, John Wanna and Patrick Weller.
Includes bibliography ( p. -219) and index.
||Australia -- Politics and government -- 1990-2001.
||Davis, Glyn | Weller, Patrick, 1944-
Members of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori communities are advised that this catalogue contains names and images of deceased people. All users of the catalogue should also be aware that certain words, terms or descriptions may be culturally sensitive and may be considered inappropriate today, but may have reflected the author's/creator's attitude or that of the period in which they were written.