National Library of Australia
||Nedlands, W.A. : University of Western Australia Press, 1993
xiii, 252 p. ; 21 cm.
- Introduction / Veronica Brady
- I. Law. Oxford Days. Devising Legal Fictions. Practising with Holmes a Court. The Trial of the Clarke Brothers. The Antipodean Panoptique: Penal Colonies Down Under. House of Mirrors. The Saga of Legal Eagle
- II. Literature. Getting Published. Impudent Friends. The Past's Deceitftd Dream. A Sense of Time and Place - The Untold Story. Untitled Prose Piece VII. Encounters with Patrick White. The Remains of Excellence
- III. Politics. The Public Figures Defence. Inside the Australia Council. Gore Vidal's Empire. Under the Uglich Bell. Deaths and Entrances. The Arts Labyrinth
- IV. Places. Writing Places. Cracker Barrels and Covered Bridges. On Top of Old Smoky. Faulkner Country. Farewell to the Widow Douglas.
||Hasluck, Nicholas, - 1942- | Novelists, Australian - 20th century - Biography. | Lawyers - Australia - Biography.
Members of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori communities are advised that this catalogue contains names and images of deceased people. All users of the catalogue should also be aware that certain words, terms or descriptions may be culturally sensitive and may be considered inappropriate today, but may have reflected the author's/creator's attitude or that of the period in which they were written.