National Library of Australia
||Canberra : National Library of Australia, 2007
vi,  p. : ill., map, ports. ; 20 cm.
An Australian life ; 3
- Introduction : Let her sink like a stone?
- 1. The making of Daisy May O'Dwyer, 1859-1904
- 2. The virus of research, 1904-1912
- 3. The great white queen of the never-never lands, 1912-1933
- 4. My natives and I, 1933-1941
- 5. Just a little bit mental : the last years, 1941-1951.
Bibliography: p. 161-168.
||Bates, Daisy, 1859-1951. | Anthropologists -- Australia -- Biography. | Aboriginal Australians -- Social life and customs. | Aboriginal Australians -- Social conditions.
||National Library of Australia Bookshop, Parkes Place Canberra ACT 2600
Members of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori communities are advised that this catalogue contains names and images of deceased people. All users of the catalogue should also be aware that certain words, terms or descriptions may be culturally sensitive and may be considered inappropriate today, but may have reflected the author's/creator's attitude or that of the period in which they were written.