National Library of Australia
||Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, c1992
xi, 258 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
EDI series in economic development
- Foreword / Amnon Golan
- 1. An Overview. Defining Agroindustry. A Force for Development. Organization of the Chapters
- 2. A Systems Approach to Agroindustrial Analysis. Production Chain Linkages. Macro-Micro Policy Linkages. Institutional Linkages. International Linkages
- 3. The Marketing Factor. Primary Elements. Consumer Analysis. Analysis of the Competitive Environment. The Marketing Plan. Demand Forecasting. Summary. The Marketing Factor: Salient Points for Project Analysis
- 4. The Procurement Factor. Primary Elements. Adequate Quantity of Raw Materials. Acceptable Quality of Inputs. Appropriate Timing. Reasonable Cost. Organization of the Procurement System. Summary. The Procurement Factor: Salient Points for Project Analysis
- 5. The Processing Factor. Primary Elements. Processing Technology. Plant Location. Inventory Management. Packaging and Other Inputs. Programming and Control. By-products. Summary. The Processing Factor: Salient Points for Project Analysis. App. A. Checklist of Critical Questions for Agroindustrial Project Analysis
- App. B. Biotechnology Glossary
- App. C. Illustrative Costs of Food-processing Technologies.
"Published for the Economic Development Institute of the World Bank."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-203) and index.
||Agricultural industries. | Agricultural development projects - Evaluation.
||Economic Development Institute (Washington, D.C.)
Members of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori communities are advised that this catalogue contains names and images of deceased people. All users of the catalogue should also be aware that certain words, terms or descriptions may be culturally sensitive and may be considered inappropriate today, but may have reflected the author's/creator's attitude or that of the period in which they were written.