Fact or fission? : the truth about Australia's nuclear ambitions / Richard Broinowski
- Bib ID:
- Broinowski, Richard P
- Online Version:
- Table of contents only
- Melbourne : Scribe Publications, 2003
- viii, 323 p. ; 24 cm.
Australia used to be prominent in trying to stop nuclear weapons testing and proliferation. Since 1996, however, such activities by Australian diplomats are almost unheard of. This book argues that uncritical acceptance of Washington's nuclear and war-fighting policies could profoundly endanger Australia's own security.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: 1 Beginnings 13
- 2 The Cold War: the first decade 29
- 3 An Australian Bomb? 51
- 4 Selling Australian Uranium: the 1960s and early 1970s 75
- 5 The Whitlam Years 103
- 6 Malcolm Fraser and Uranium 127
- 7 Bob Hawke: my heart says no, my head says yes 159
- 8 Paul Keating's Nuclear Concerns 191
- 9 Nuclear Diplomacy under the Howard Government 213
- 10 Mining and Exporting Australian Uranium: 241
- issues for the future
- 11 Can Australian Uranium be Safeguarded? 255
- 12 Some Conclusions 277.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 309-311.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Worlds in conflict, by D. W. Brogan
- Non-Proliferation Legislation Amendment Bill 2006 / Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade
- Stop uranium mining! : Australia's decade of protest 1975-1985 / Greg Adamson
- Australia and Latin America / Richard Philip Broinowski
- Allied and addicted / Alison Broinowski