Memoirs, 1919-1983 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Mishael, Herbert
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 4 cm. (298 pages).
The typescript memoirs of Herbert Mishael entitled Lend me your ears (Approx. 100,000 words).
Herbert Mishael, born in 1899, was a journalist and newspaper reporter. He began his newspaper career, in 1919 on a Melbourne weekly The Midnight Sun. In 1926 he became associated with The Age, Melbourne where his assignments included sport, police rounds, industrial rounds, leader writer, war correspondent in the South West Pacific zone, foreign, editor and London correspondent for five years. Mishael retired from The Age in 1966 and was appointed Melbourne correspondent of The Times, London and later the The Times, chief Australian correspondents. He retired from daily journalism in 1975. His publication include Don't fence me in, The lowest sport in the world, The noble art is not so noble, Just try and stop me.
- Manuscript reference no. : NLA MS 7452.
- Time Coverage:
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- San shi guo dang an gong zuo gai kuang / Chen Zhaowu zhu bian
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues
- Dang an guan li xue ji chu / Chen Zhaowu, He Baorong zhu bian
- Archives and records : what are they? / by Purnendu Basu