The South African War reappraised / edited by Donal Lowry
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- Table of contents
- Related Online Resources:
- Book review (H-Net)
- Publisher description
- Contributor biographical information
- Manchester ; New York : Manchester University Press : Distributed exclusively in the USA by St. Martin's Press, 2000
- xii, 258 p. ; 24 cm.
- Studies in imperialism (Manchester, England)
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: Table of contents for The South African War reappraised / edited by Donal Lowry.
- Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
- Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
- Introduction: The Global Impact of The South African War and its Legacy
- Donal Lowry
- A Century of Conflict Over Origins
- Iain Smith
- Journalism and Active Politics: Flora Shaw, The Times and South Africa
- Dorothy O'Helly &
- Helen Cathaway
- The Times at War, 1899-1902
- Jacqueline Beaumont
- Intermediate Imperialism and the Test of Empire: Milner's Eccentric High Commissionership of South Africa
- John Benyon
- African Attitudes to the British Empire
- Christopher Saunders
- Boer Attitudes to Africans
- Fransjohan Pretorius
- The Cape Afrikaners and the British Empire from the Jameson Raid to the South African War
- Mordechai Tamrkin
- "Hamlet with the Prince of Denmark Left Out?": The South African War, Empire and India
- Religion Against the South African War: Marshalling The "Non-Conformist" Conscience
- Greg Cuthbertson
- Kruger's Farmers, Strathcona's Horse, Sir George Clarke's Camels and the Kaiser's Battleships: The Impact of the South African War on Imperial Defense
- Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: South African War, 1899-1902, South African War, 1899-1902 Historiography.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Lowry, Donal
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The Workers and the war [electronic resource]
- Spieelbeeld : oorlog 1899-1902 / saamgestel deur C. J. Scheepers Strydom
- The war, Britons v. Boers : the causes of the war in the Transvaal / by T. W. Comyns
- Patriotic address [microform] : delivered at Dungannon, March 15, 1900 : at a concert in aid of the fund for the benefit of the widows and orphans of the Canadian soldiers killed in the South African war / by M.G. Cameron
- The trail of the financial serpent [electronic resource] : full report of the speech in the House of Commons / by John Burns : to which is added a list of the leading shareholders in the Chartered Company