Papers of Daniel Moye, 1940-1970 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Moye, Daniel George, 1920-1975
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Part available for research; part permission required for research. Not for loan.
- 11.2 m. (73 boxes)
The main part of the collection consists of papers collected by Moye while he was chief geologist with the Snowy Mountains Authority. They include notes on similar overseas and interstate projects, maps, technical reports and manuals, some official correspondence and memoranda and literature documenting various geological and engineering works, including reports by Moye himself. Also in the collection are diaries (1942-1966), geological notebooks, some family and financial correspondence, lecture papers, newspaper cutting books relating to various aspects of the mining industry, especially exploration, and photographs and slides mainly relating to the Snown Mountains Scheme and overseas visits.
Chief engineering geologist with the Snowy Mountains Authority. After obtaining his Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree from the University of Sydney, Moye worked with the State Geological Survey in N.S.W. and with the Sydney Metropolitan Water, Sewerage and Drainage Board. As the Board's first full-time geologist, he was responsible for the geological work on the Warragamba Dam. At the inception of the Snowy Mountains project he began work as one of its first geologists and was in charge of all the geological work of the Authority. Between 1962 and 1963 he was visiting Professor of Engineering at the University of California. From 1974 until his death Moye was director of exploration with B.H.P.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 5861.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; D356.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (1 p.).
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Kaiser Arbitration Party recorded by Charles Gilbert in the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority oral history project [sound recording]
- Economic benefits of the Snowy Mountains Scheme
- Notes on the economic benefits of the Snowy Mountains Scheme
- The Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme in relation to national development and security
- Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme