The lessons of history / Michael Howard
- Bib ID:
- Howard, Michael Eliot, 1922-
- Online Version:
- Table of contents only
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press, c1991
- 217 p. ; 25 cm.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: 1 "The Lessons of History": An Inaugural Lecture
- given in the University of Oxford, March 1981 / 6
- 2 Empires, Nations and Wars / 21
- 3 Prussia in European History / 49
- 4 Empire, Race and War in pre-1914 Britain / 63
- 5 The Edwardian Arms Race / 81
- 6 Men against Fire: The Doctrine
- of the Offensive in 1914 / 97
- 7 Europe on the Eve of the First World War / 113
- 8 1945-End of an Era? / 127
- 9 Ideology and International Relations / 139
- 10 Churchill and the Era of National Unity / 152
- 11 War and Social Change /166
- 12 Military Experience in European Literature / 177
- 13 Structure and Process in History: A
- Valedictory Lecture given in the
- University of Oxford, May 1989 / 188.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 203-208) and index.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2092 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- The war chronicles, from flintlocks to machine guns : a global reference of all the major modern conflicts / Joseph Cummins
- A hundred years of war / With 20 maps by B. G. Lewis
- The lessons of history / Michael Howard
- Studies in war and peace [by] Michael Howard
- Intelligence in war : knowledge of the enemy from Napoleon to Al-Qaeda / John Keegan