Angelica "Annie" Baldwin interviewed by Patricia Barrett-Lennard in the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Baldwin, Angelica, 1894?-, interviewee
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- 2 audio cassettes (ca. 175 min.) : 1 7/8 ips.
- Australia 1938 oral history project ; ORAL TRC 2404 Int. No. 6031
Baldwin speaks of her background as an orphan; arriving in Western Australia from England in 1902 with Anglican Sisters of the Church; school and childhood memories in Kalgoorlie; experiences with Anglican Sisters charity work such as Perth College, soup kitchens and Parkerville Childrens' house; employment experiences and conditions; her experiences, lifestyle and living conditions as a companion to a lady in Peppermint Grove, Perth; local area of Peppermint Grove; employer's home; healthcare; recreation; entertainment; religion; trip to England and other holidays; memories of the 1930's.
- Recorded by the Australia 1938 Oral History Project as research for the book Australians 1938 from the series Australians, a historical library.
- Recorded held on 21 January 1983.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia ;
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Transcript unavailable, interviewer's summary (2 p.) and timed summary available.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Annie Baldwin interviewed by Patricia Barrett-Lennard in the Australia 1938 oral history project
- Related Records:
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2053 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Arthur Bennett interviewed by Chris Jeffery in the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Thomas Burke interviewed by Jenny Gregory in the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Eileen Williams interviewed by Alice Smith for the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Fred Newman interviewed by Doris Rose [sound recording]
- Walter Ferrell interviewed by John Ferrell for the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]