Papers on the development of the Snowy Mountains area 1944-1965 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Gilfillan, W. G. R., 1906-1990
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 48 cm.
Cuttings, letters, conference papers, reports and brochures relating to the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority and the production of electricity, and the development of other resources, in particular tourism and roads in the area and adjacent regions. There are two papers by W.G.R. Gilfillan - "Snowy River and the seat of government of agreement", 1962, and "Some notes on the greater Gippsland and Snowy Rivers Protection and General Development League and its connection with the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme" (compiled from the League's records October 1962).
Mr. Gilfillan was a member of the Cooma Municipal Council and the Monaro County Council. In 1960 he was appointed Archival Officer for the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority. Gilfillan was also Alderman in the Monaro County Council from 1957-1965.
- Manuscript reference no. : NLA MS 861.
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Kaiser Arbitration Party recorded by Charles Gilbert in the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority oral history project [sound recording]
- [Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority publications]
- Visit to Snowy Mountains Scheme : the Hon Garry B. West, MP, NSW Minister for Tourism, 7 February 1990
- Snowy Scheme management & administration
- Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority : Central Office Complex, Cooma