Edward Miller interviewed by Patricia Barrett-Lennard for the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Miller, Edward, 1915-, interviewee
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research and personal copies; written permission required for public use during the lifetime of the interviewee.
- 1982 June 1 - June 8
- 4 cassettes (ca. 360 min) : 1 7/8 ips.
- Australia 1938 oral history project ; ORAL TRC 2404 Int. no. 6521
Miller speaks of his family home; local area of West Perth; family lifestyle and social life; the Depression; school and childhood memories; lifestyle as a teacher in Kalgoorlie; living conditions; local area and community; healthcare; recreation; social life and entertainment; politics; class contact with Aborigines; Aboriginal students; contact with migrants; Australia in the 1930's; women and work; Royalty; overseas events; education and teaching in Kalgoorlie; courtship and marriage; his life after 1940.
- Includes contents.
- Recorded by the Australia 1938 Oral History Project as research for the book Australians 1938 from the series Australians, a historial library.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia;
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Transcript available (51 p.)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2052 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Beatrice Carr interviewed by Peter Hempenstall in the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Neita Cox interviewed by Maureen Beesley in the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- William Morgan interviewed by Julie Teasdale for the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Eric Milne interviewed by Michael Hunt for the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]