Christian letters, [microform] of Mr. Paul Bayne. Replenished with diuers consolations, exhortations, directions, tending to promote the honour of godlinesse
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Baynes, Paul, -1617
- Imprinted at London : By T[homas] D[awson] for Nath. Newbery, and are to be sold at his shop at S. Peters in Cornehill, and in Pope-head Alley, 1620
-  p. ;
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1090:1.
- Printer's name from STC.
- Signatures: )(#24 A-X#21#22 Y.
- "Holy soliloquies .. The third edition, inlarged by a more perfect copie" and "Comfort and instruction in affliction" have separate dated title pages; register is continuous.
- "Holy soliloquies" was first published separately in 1617 as "A letter written by Mr. Paul Bayne".
- Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
- Cited In:
- STC (2nd ed.) 1629.
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University Microfilms International, 1967. 1 microfilm reel: 35 mm (Early English books, 1475-1640; 1090:01).
- Christian life -- Anglican authors -- Early works to 1800
- Other authors/contributors:
- Baynes, Paul, -1617. Letter written by Mr. Paul Bayne, author
- Also Titled:
- Holy soliloquies.
- Comfort and instruction in affliction.
- Available From:
- UMI 300 N Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1553
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- A commentary upon the whole Epistle of the apostle Paul to the Ephesians [microform] : wherein the text is learnedly and fruitfully opened, with logical analysis, spiritual and holy observations, confutation of Arminianisme and popery, and sound edification for the diligent reader / by Mr. Paul Baine
- The trial of a Christians estate: or a discouerie of the causes, degrees, signes and differences of the apostasie both of the true Christians and false [electronic resource] : in a sermon preached in London by Master Paul Bayne, and afterward sent in writing by him to his friend W.F
- A commentarie upon the first chapter of the epistle of Saint Paul, written to the Ephesians [electronic resource] : Wherein, besides the text fruitfully explained: some principal controversies about predestination are handled, and divers arguments of Arminius are examined. By Mr. Paul Bayne, sometimes preacher of Gods Word in Saint Andrewes in Cambridge
- The spirituall armour. [microform] With which being furnished, a Christian may be able to stand fast in the euill day, and time of tryall; and to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Written by that godly and learned man, Paul Baine; sometime Preacher of Gods word at S. Andrewes in Cambridge
- The diocensans tryall [microform] : wherein the maine controversies about forme or government of the Churches of Christ are judiciously stated, and learnedly discussed in the opening and thorough debating of these three questions following ... a worke seasonable and usefull for these times, being very helpefull to the deciding of the differences now in question upon this subject / written long since by ... Mr. Paul Bayne