Records of the Kosciuszko Huts Association, 1970-2009 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Kosciuszko Huts Association
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 1.38 m. (9 boxes) + 1 packet.
MS 8257 comprises the constitution, by-laws, accounts, minutes, correspondence, publications, press cuttings and photographs. Some correspondence received from the Youth Hostels Association in 1944. Also included are copies of papers relating to Gudgenby Station, 1879-1926. Summaries of oral history interviews conducted in association with the National Library of Australia (9 boxes).
The Acc09.197 instalment comprises transcripts of oral history interviews with Noreen (Neen) Pendergast, Bert Russell, Len McInnes, Ena Harris and Vera Campbell, conducted and transcribed by Deirdre Shaw, and the transcript of a talk by George Rayner at Kelly's Mill on the Snowy Mountains Highway, introduced by Graeme Scully (1 packet).
The Kosciuszko Huts Association, formed in 1971, is an Australia-wide organisation which restores and maintains huts in the Kosciuszko and Namadgi National Parks for use by bushwalkers and skiers. The Association also undertakes research into the historic significance of the Parks' huts.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 8257, MS Acc09.197.
- Associated materials: Records of the Kosciuszko Huts Association, 1926-1977, MS 7335.
- Related Material:
- Other material relating to the Kosciuszko Hut Association; Located at; National Library of Australia Oral History collection ORAL TRC 2572.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Finding aid (12 p.) available in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- Time Coverage:
- Copying is permitted for research purposes.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Kosciusko State Park, N.S.W
- Kosciusko National Park / Douglass Baglin, Barbara Mullins
- Between a rock and a hard place : toilet facilities for Rawsons Pass and Seaman's Hut - Kosciuszko National Park / NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
- Kosciusko National Park [cartographic material] / Central Mapping Authority of New South Wales
- Alpine stream, Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales, 1986, 15 [transparency] / Peter Dombrovskis