The Bible [microform] that is, the holy Scriptures contained in the Old & New Testament
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Uniform Title:
- Bible. English. Geneva - Tomson.
- Imprinted at London : By Robert Barker, printer to the Kinges most excellent Maiestie, 
- , 294, 294-299, 301-361, , 359-362, 361-444, 135,  leaves : ill., maps (woodcuts) ;
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1567:1.
- The Geneva version of the Old Testament, translated by William Whittingham, Anthony Gilby, Thomas Sampson, and perhaps others, with Laurence Tomson's revision of the Geneva version of the New Testament and his translation of Franciscus Junius' translation of Revelation.
- The title page is engraved and signed "Guilielmus Hole fecit"; at foot: Cum privilegio.
- Publication date from colophon.
- "The Nevv Testament of our Lord Iesus Christ" has separate title page and foliation; register is continuous.
- Includes indexes.
- The leaf after first 361 misnumbered 354.
- Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
- Some print faded; some pages tightly bound.
- Cited In:
- STC (2nd ed.) 2199.
- Darlow & Moule (Rev. 1968), 289.
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University Microfilms International, 1981. 1 microfilm reel; 35 mm (Early English books, 1475-1640; 1567:1).
- Other authors/contributors:
- Available From:
- UMI 300 N Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1553
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.