United Kingdom-Dominion Wool Disposals Ltd. Records, 1946-1952 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- United Kingdom-Dominion Wool Disposals Ltd
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 2 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Australian Joint Copying Project part 6, BT 135.
1. Australian Wool Realization Commission; reports, 1947-49. (164 pp.). 2. Index to minutes of meetings, 1946-52. (62 pp.). 3. Minutes of meetings, May 1946-April 1948 (470 pp.). 4. Minutes of meetings, May 1948-Nov. 1952. (c. 600 pp.). 5. Personal correspondence of W. Yeo, Deputy Chairman of Australian Wool Realization Committee, 1947-50. (29 pp.). 6. Correspondence and papers relating to Wool Realization Commission and other Australian bodies involved in wool industry, 1947-51. (400 pp.). 7. Commonwealth Wool Conference; review of operation of Joint Organisation, 1950. (58 pp.)
The United Kingdom-Dominion Wool Disposals Ltd. was incorporated in 1945 to effect the orderly disposal of large accumulated war-time surpluses of wool held in Britain and to arrange for the marketing of future clips. The Organisation had subsidiaries in each Dominion to conduct local operations. The Commonwealth Wool Conference in January 1952 decided that the Organisation had largely fulfilled its purpose and it was dissolved in 1954.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Filmed as part of the the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales.
- Public Record Office BT 135/1-8.
- Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-743616411
- Original held by the Public Record Office, London.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Board of Trade records (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 9 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Wool survey : a summary of production and trade in the empire and foreign countries ... July, 1932
- Wool scouring, drying, burr picking, mixing, carding, spinning, warping
- Wool in the world economy / by Gerda Blau
- Wool quality : a study of the influence of various contributory factors, their significance and the technique of their measurement / by S.G. Barker
- Memoirs of wool, woolen manufacture, and trade, (particularly in England) from the earliest to the present times : with occasional notes, dissertations, and reflections. / By John Smith, LL. B