Growing up the Chinese way : Chinese child and adolescent development / edited by Sing Lau
- Bib ID:
- Hong Kong : Chinese University Press, 1996
- xv, 392 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Full contents:
- Introduction / Sing Lau
- 1. Parental Control: Psychocultural Interpretations of Chinese Patterns of Socialization / David Y. H. Wu
- 2. Understanding Chinese Child Development: The Role of Culture in Socialization / Sing Lau and Patricia P. W. Yeung
- 3. Gender Role Development / Fanny M. Cheung
- 4. Academic Achievement and Motivation of Chinese Students: A Cross-National Perspective / Chuan-sheng Chen, Shin-ying Lee and Harold W. Stevenson
- 5. Chinese Parental Influence and Their Children's School Success: A Paradox in the Literature on Parenting Styles / Ruth K. Chao and Stanley Sue
- 6. Achievement Goals and Causal Attributions of Chinese Students / Kit-tai Hau and Farideh Salili
- 7. Learning, Schooling, and Socialization: A Chinese Solution to a Western Problem / John B. Biggs
- 8. Mental Health of Chinese Adolescents: A Critical Review / Daniel T. L. Shek
- 9. Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder in Chinese Children / Jin-pang Leung.
- 10. Adolescent Delinquent Behavior in Chinese Societies / Kwok Leung and Ruth Mei-tai Fan
- 11. The Academic, Personality, and Physical Outcomes of Chinese Only Children: A Review / Toni Falbo, Dudley L. Poston, Jr. and Xiao-tian Feng
- 12. Crossing the Border: Chinese Adolescents in the West / Doreen A. Rosenthal and S. Shirley Feldman
- 13. Cultural Adjustment and Differential Acculturation among Chinese New Immigrant Families in the United States / Kam-fong Monit Cheung
- 14. Self-Concept Development: Is There a Concept of Self in Chinese Culture? / Sing Lau
- In Search of the Course of Chinese Children's Development: An Overall Conclusion / Sing Lau.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Lau, Sing
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.