Characteristicks of men, manners, opinions, times / by the Right Honourable Anthony, Earl of Shaftesbury
- Bib ID:
- Shaftesbury, Anthony Ashley Cooper, Earl of, 1671-1713
- 4th ed.
- London : Printed by John Darby, 1727
- 3 v.
- Each vol. has special t.p.; general t.p. in vol. 1 only.
- Title vignettes.
- Library's copies with the book-plates of I. Ibertson of Leeds.
- Vol. 1 with a typewritten extract from "Pioneer humanists" and "A history of Freethought" tipped in.
- M126799/10587 (v. 1), M126799/10588 (v. 2), M126799/10589 (v. 3)
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Sketches of the history of man : considerably enlarged by the last additions and corrections of the author, in four volumes
- A New general collection of voyages and travels : consisting of the most esteemed relations, which have been hitherto published in any language: comprehending every thing remarkable in its kind, in Europe, Asia, Africa, and America, with respect to the several empires, kingdoms, and provinces ... : also the manners and customs of the several inhabitants; their religion and government, arts and sciences, trades and manufactures: so as to form a compleat system of modern geography and history ... illustrated not only with charts of the several divisions of the ocean, and maps of each country ... but likewise with variety of plans ... besides cuts representing antiquities, animals, vegetables, the persons and habits of the people ... Selected from the most authentic travellers, foreign as well as English
- Lettres édifiantes et curieuses écrites des missions étrangères / [écrites par des missionnaires de la Compagnie de Jesus]
- The method of teaching and studying the belles lettres, : or, An introduction to languages, poetry, rhetoric, history, moral philosophy, physicks, &c. : with reflections on taste; and instructions with regard to the eloquence of the pulpit, the bar, and the stage : the whole illustrated with passages from the most famous poets and orators, ancient and modern, with critical remarks on them. Designed more particularly for students in the universities. / By Mr. Rollin, late Principal of the University of Paris, Professor of Eloquence in the Royal College, and Member of the Royal Academy of Inscriptions and Belles Lettres.Translated from the French
- Sämtliche schriften / von herrn C. F. Gellert