Politics in Australia / edited by Rodney Smith
- Bib ID:
- 3rd ed.
- St. Leonards, NSW, Australia : Allen & Unwin, 1997
- xvii, 381 p. ; 23 cm.
- 1863739556 (paperback)
- Full contents:
- Introduction: Using this book and finding other resources on Australian politics / Rodney Smith
- 1. The nature of politics / Helen Pringle
- 2. Power / Rodney Smith
- 3. Democratic theory and practice / Michael Jackson
- 4. Public policy-making / Martin Laffin
- 5. Australian political thought / Ian Cook
- 6. The Constitution / Elaine Thompson
- 7. Parliament / Marcus Haward
- 8. Cabinet / Barbara Page
- 9. The public service / Elaine Thompson
- 10. The party system / Rodney Smith
- 11. Elections / Martin Painter
- 12. Federalism / Martin Painter
- 13. State politics / Helen Nelson
- 14. The structures of inequality / Michael Hogan
- 15. Gender and patriarchy / Vanessa Farrer
- 16. Interest groups / Trevor Matthews
- 17. Business and politics / John Ravenhill
- 18. Trade unions / Marian Simms
- 19. The news media / Rodney Smith
- 20. The Australian voters / Ernie Chaples.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Smith, Rodney, 1961-
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Politics for business students : a comparative introduction / [by] Richard Eccleston ... [et al.]
- The politics of Australian society : political issues for the new century / edited by Paul Boreham, Geoffrey Stokes and Richard Hall
- Politics / edited by Geoff Maslen
- Political points for the use of U.A.P. canvassers and campaign workers / authorised by H.W. Horsfield
- Political anecdotes / selected and introduced by Mungo MacCallum