Henry Handel Richardson : the Getting of Wisdom, stories, selected prose and correspondence / edited by Susan Lever and Catherine Pratt
- Bib ID:
- Richardson, Henry Handel, 1870-1946
- St Lucia, Qld., : University of Queensland Press ; Portland, Oregon : Distributed in the USA by International Specialized Book Services, Inc., 1997
- xxiv, 268 p. ; 20 cm.
- 0702229180 (paperback)
- UQP Australian authors.
"Henry Handel Richardson is one of Australia's most important writers. She grew up in Victoria in the late nineteenth century, and left Australia at the age of eighteen to pursue a musical career." "This volume includes The Getting of Wisdom (1910), based on Richardson's own experiences at the Presbyterian Ladies College, Melbourne, in the late 1880s, together with four of her short stories about adolescence, an extract from her memoir Myself When Young, and some of her commentary and correspondence about the novel."--BOOK JACKET.
- Full contents:
- The Getting of Wisdom
- Translations of epigraphs
- Conversation in a Pantry
- The Bath: An Aquarelle
- The Wrong Turning
- "And Women Must Weep"
- Chapters V and VI (1948) from Myself When Young
- My Favourite Among My Books
- Some Notes on My Books
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -268).
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Maurice Guest / by Henry Handel Richardson
- My congenials : Miles Franklin & friends in letters / edited by Jill Roe
- Diario de un anno difficile / J.M. Coetzee; traduzione di Maria Baicocchi
- Bushman and bookworm : letters of Joseph Furphy / edited by John Barnes and Lois Hoffmann
- Talking into the typewriter : selected letters, 1973-1983 / Christina Stead ; edited with preface and annotations by R.G. Geering