Papers of Frank Crowley, 1933-2009 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Crowley, F. K. (Francis Keble), 1924-2013
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 0.36 m. (2 boxes) + 2 folders.
MS 8577 comprises: 1. Bound typescript of "Forrest the politician: 1891-1918", the second volume of, Forrest 1847-1918 (UQP, 1971). 2. One folder of documents mostly relating to Crowley's academic career. Also includes a personal resume, ca. 1988, a family tree, various certificates and degrees, and four items of correspondence, 1983-1992 (1 box).
The Acc07/68 instalment includes family documents, biographical information, publishing list, book contracts and correspondence with historians and writers (1 box).
The Acc08/41 instalment comprises a family history document prepared by Crowley and a medal for "100 yards under 10 seconds" won by F.K. Crowley, Queens College in 1933 (1 folder).
The Acc10/5 instalment includes a typescript autobiographical article by Crowley titled "Taking stock at 85" written in 2009 that includes a list of Crowley's publications (1 folder).
Academic and historian. Francis (Frank) Keble Crowley was Professor of History at the University of New South Wales from 1965 until 1984.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 8577, MS Acc07.068, MS Acc08.041, MS Acc10.005.
- Related Material:
- Interview with Frank Crowley, historian, Professor of History, University of New South Wales, 1965-69, Dean of the Faculty of Arts, UNSW, 1969-83, Emeritus Professor, 1984-; Located at; National Library of Australia Oral History collection ORAL TRC 2053/10.
- Crowley, F. K. (Francis Keble), 1924-2013 -- Archives
- Forrest, John, Sir, 1847-1918
- University of New South Wales -- Employees -- Archives
- Historians -- Australia -- Archives
- College teachers -- Australia -- Archives
- Premiers -- Western Australia -- Biography
- Western Australia -- History -- 1829-1900
- Time Coverage:
- Copying of F.K. Crowley's copyright material permitted for research purposes.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.