- Bib ID:
- Uniform Title:
- The Phantom (Sydney, N.S.W.)
- Sydney : Frew Publications, -
- volumes : chiefly illustrations ; 25 cm
- John Ryan Comic Collection (Specific issues).
- McGee Comics Collection (Specific issues).
The Phantom was created by Lee Falk, who continued working on it well into his eighties. Today's Phantom is written by Tony DePaul, with art by Paul Ryan and Terry Beatty.
- Numbering Note:
- The first two issues are unnumbered ;
- "On 23 December 1953, Frew issued an unnumbered special edition in time for Christmas. A year later, there were two more unnumbered specials on 8 December 1954 and 5 January 1955 ... No issue number was shown on the covers. Each was simply identified as Giant Issue - Double Size, and contained two Phantom stories ... the cover price was one shilling compared with the regular price of ninepence. They also featured wrap-around cover artwork ... the three unnumbered specials were released sequentially with all the other number series and were not parallel "specials" at all" -- http://www.deepwoods.org/aseries.html
- Year 2000 annual special (no. 1249, 2000); 2007 annual special (no. 1467, 2007); Collector's edition (no. 1472, 2007); Frew's 60th anniversary issue (no. 1518, 2008); 2011 annual special (no. 1591, 2011); 2012 annual special (no. 1623, 2012); 2013 annual special (no. 1653, 2013); 2014 annual special (no. 1684, 2014); 2015 annual special (no. 1715, 2015); 2016 annual special (no. 1746, 2016); 80th anniversary special (no. 1763, 2016); 2017 annual (no. 1774, 2016).
- Cover title.
- A Replica edition (issued annually) is also published and comes with the January issue of the original title.
- Description based on: No. 942.
- Life Dates:
- [No. 1]-
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Other authors/contributors:
Copyright varies by issue and article
Copyright varies with each issue and article. You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy where circumstances allow through Copies Direct or Contact us for further information.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Serials have an open range of dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.