Dame Pattie Menzies interviewed by Heather Rusden [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Menzies, Pattie, Dame, 1899-1995, interviewee
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- 1 digital audio tape (ca. 81 min.)
Dame Pattie talks about her family background; meeting Sir Robert Menzies and her views on her role as wife to the Prime Minister; her wartime involvement with the Women's Hospital in Melbourne and as President of the Auxiliaries and President of the Welfare Unit; entertaining at the Lodge and difficulties in its running as well as security problems and the effects on the family; travelling overseas; friendship with Sir Winston Churchill and his family and her memories of early Canberra; her public speaking as well as that of her husband and crowd reactions; living at Walmer Castle near Dover with Sir Robert for a few months each year while Sir Robert was Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports.
- Recorded on May 8, 1990 in Canberra.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-216813783
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Timed summary (3 p.) and corrected transcript (typescript, 41 leaves)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Rusden, Heather, 1948-, interviewer
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2060 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Ivan Menzies interviewed by Ivan Page [sound recording]
- Frank Menzies interviewed by Lady Frances McNicoll in Menzies MS 4936 collection [sound recording]
- Cecil Menzies interviewed by Cynthia Holden for the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Hazel Craig interviewed by John Farquharson [sound recording]
- Robert Menzies interviewed by Lady Frances McNicoll in the Menzies MS 4936 collection [sound recording]