Sir Joseph Banks : 18th century explorer, botanist, and entrepreneur / Charles Lyte
- Bib ID:
- Lyte, Charles
- Newton Abbot, Devon ; North Pomfret, Vt. : David & Charles, c1980
- 248 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Sir Joseph Banks life devoted to science, his voyages to Newfoundland and Labrador and with Captain Cook on the Endeavour. President of the Royal Society for 42 years.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 
- Banks, Joseph, 1743-1820
- Botany -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century
- Naturalists -- Great Britain -- Biography
- Botanists -- Great Britain -- Biography
- Explorers -- Great Britain -- Biography
- Environment - Biodiversity - Plants
- Settlement and contacts - 18th Century
- History - Biographies - Non-Indigenous
- Settlement and contacts - Explorers - European
- Endeavour River (Qld SE Cape York SD55-13)
- Botany Bay (S Sydney NSW SI56-05)
- Great Barrier Reef (SD55, SE55, SF56)
- Bustard Bay (SE Qld SG56-02)
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Sir Joseph Banks : 18th century explorer, botanist and entrepreneur / Charles Lyte
- Sir Joseph Banks, Botanist, Horticulturist and Plant Collector : associations with Chelsea Physic Gardens / [ H.B. Carter] ... [et al]
- Jupiter botanicus : Robert Brown of the British Museum / by D.J. Mabberley
- Joseph Banks, a life / Patrick O'Brian
- Moreton Bay settlement : or, Queensland before separation, 1770-1859, together with a brief account of the rise of the colonies of Australasia / by W.W. Craig ; with maps and illustrations