Mao's China and the cold war / Chen Jian
- Bib ID:
- Chen, Jian, 1952-
- Related Online Resources:
- Table of Contents
- Chapel Hill : The University of North Carolina Press, c2001
- x, 400 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- 0807826170 (alkaline paper)
- 0807849324 (alkaline paper) (paperback)
- New cold war history.
- Full contents:
- Ch. 1. The Chinese Civil War and the Rise of the Cold War in East Asia, 1945-1946
- Ch. 2. The Myth of America's Lost Chance in China
- Ch. 3. Mao's Continuous Revolution and the Rise and Demise of the Sino-Soviet Alliance, 1949-1963
- Ch. 4. China's Strategies to End the Korean War, 1950-1953
- Ch. 5. China and the First Indochina War, 1950-1954
- Ch. 6. Beijing and the Polish and Hungarian Crises of 1956
- Ch. 7. Beijing and the Taiwan Strait Crisis of 1958
- Ch. 8. China's Involvement in the Vietnam War, 1964-1969
- Ch. 9. The Sino-American Rapprochement, 1969-1972
- Epilogue: The Legacies of China's Cold War Experience.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -372) and index.
- Also Titled:
- Mao's China & the cold war
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.