A discourse of the pastoral care / written by ... Gilbert, Lord Bishop of Sarum
- Bib ID:
- Burnet, Gilbert, 1643-1715
- London : printed by R. R. for Ric. Chiswell, 1692
- , xxxiv, 252,  p. ; 19 cm. (8vo)
- Half title and running title: Of the pastoral care.
- Errata: p.  (1st sequence).
- Advertisement: p. 252-.
- Signatures: A-Tp8s.
- Cited In:
- Wing B5776.
- Also Titled:
- Of the pastoral care
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- The second parts of Systema agriculturae, or, The mystery of husbandry ; and, Vinetum Britannicum, or, A treatise of cider [microform] : wherein are contained many selected and curious observations ... with the best and most natural rules and methods for the making of cider, and other English-liquors : to which is added an essay towards the discovery of the original of fountains and springs / by J.W
- The compleat book of knowledge: treating of the wisdom of the antients [electronic resource] : and shewing the various and wonderful operations of the signs and planets, and other celestial constellations, on the bodies of men, women and children; and the mighty influences they have upon those that are born under them. Compiled by the learned Albubetes, Benesaphan, Erra Pater, and other of the antients. To which is added, the country man's kalendar; with his daily practice, and perpetual prognostication for weather, according to Albumazar, Ptolomy, and others. Together with a catalogue of all the market-towns, fairs, and roads in England and Wales. All those who peruse this book, must own, that it the knowledge gives of things unknown
- Philosophical essays on the following subjects [microform] : I. On the principles of mechanics, II. On the ascent of vapours, the formation of clouds, rain and dew and on several other phaenomena of air and water, III. Observations and conjectures on the nature of the Aurora Borealis and the tails of comets / by Hugh Hamilton
- The mariners magazine, stor'd with these mathematical arts [electronic resource] : the rudiments of navigation and geometry. The making and use of divers mathematical instruments. The doctrine of triangles, plain and spherical. The art of navigation, by the plain-chart, Mercator's-chart, and the arch of a great circle. The art of surveying, gauging, and measuring. Gunnery and artificial fire-works. The rudiments of astronomy. The art of dialling. Also with tables of logarithms, and tables of the suns declination; of the latitude and longitude, right ascension and declination of the most notable fixed stars; of the latitude and longitude of places; of meridional parts. Whereunto are annexed, an abridgment of the penalties and forfeitures, by acts of Parliament, relating to the customs, and to navigation. And, a compendium of fortification. By Capt. Samuel Sturmy
- Two treatises [microform] : in the one of which the nature of bodies, in the other, the nature of mans soule is looked into in way of discovery of the immortality of reasonable soules