The indigenous literature of Australia = Milli milli wangka / Mudrooroo
- Bib ID:
- Mudrooroo, 1938-2019
- South Melbourne : Hyland House, 1997
- 233 p. ; 22 cm.
- 1864470143 (paperback)
Here is a wide-ranging, critical survey of the literature, both oral and written, of the indigenous people of Australia. Mudrooroo is in a unique position to tell the history of indigenous literature and to comment on the key writers and texts. This is an essential starting point for anyone wishing to know more about this fascinating and controversial subject.
- Includes index.
- Previous title "Writing from the Fringe" -introduction.
- Bibliography: p. 221-226.
- Also Titled:
- Writing from the fringe
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2089 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Writing from the fringe : a study of modern Aboriginal literature / Mudrooroo Narogin
- Life writing : literarische Identitätskonstruktion in schwarzaustralischen Autobiographien und Lebensgeschichten / Heinz Schürmann-Zeggel
- Black words, white page : Aboriginal literature 1929-1988 / Adam Shoemaker
- Black words, white page : Aboriginal literature / Adam Shoemaker
- Writing never arrives naked : early Aboriginal cultures of writing in Australia / Penelope van Toorn