The Centenary companion to Australian federation / edited by Helen Irving
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- Table of contents
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher description
- Cambridge ; Melbourne : Cambridge University Press, 1999
- xxi, 474 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
This work explores Australia's national origins. Starting from the perspective of the individual colonies as they made their way towards membership of the Australian Commonwealth in 1901, the book also provides cross-referenced short alphabetical entries covering key events, people and concepts.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: Foreword
- Introduction Helen Irving
- Part I: 1. New South Wales Helen Irving
- 2. Queensland Geoffrey Bolton and Duncan Waterson
- 3. South Australia John Bannon
- 4. Tasmania James Warden
- 5. Victoria Marian Quartly
- 6. Western Australia Brian de Garis
- Part II. Short Alphabetical Entries.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: pages -464.
- Constitutional History - Australia
- Federal government - Australia - History - 1851-1901
- Australia - History - 1851-1901
- Australia - History - 1788-1851
- Australia - Politics and government - 1851-1901
- Constitutional history -- Australia
- Federal government -- Australia -- History
- Australia -- History -- 1851-1901
- Australia -- History -- 1788-1851
- Australia -- Politics and government -- 1851-1901
- Federation (1901)
- Interstate relations
- History, 1801-1900
- Federal issue
- State issue
- Other authors/contributors:
- Irving, Helen
- Also Titled:
- Australian federation
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Nation, race and citizen 1888-1914 / Annabel Astbury
- 1860-1900 : glad confident morning / Beverley Kingston
- The Oxford history of Australia. Volume 3, 1860-1900 : glad, confident morning / Beverley Kingston
- A nation at last : the story of Federation / Kathleen Dermody ; with an introduction by Harry Evans
- Federation / Brian Matthews