Free thought upon faith : or, the religion of nature, a poem with notes
- Bib ID:
- Hill, Aaron, 1685-1750
- [Liverpool : J. Sadler]. Printed in the year, 1758
- , ii, 122 p. ; 22 cm. (8vo)
- T.p. in red and black.
- T.p. vignette, signed: J. Sadler, printer; J. Evans, Fecit. Liverpool.
- "This is the second edition with slightly altered title to: 'Free thoughts ..." -- ESTC.
- Head- and tail-pieces; ornate initials.
- First published 1746.
- With: The dying negro / Thomas Day. London: printed for John Stockdale, 1793.
- Library's copy has (a) typed and inserted on t.p. verso H. H. Pearce's assumptions re authorship; (b) press-cutting of review of F. W. Robertson: Life and Letters.
- Library's copy inscribed above advertisement 'Presented to Mrs. Withers, nee Miss E. R. Hinge, as a mark of esteem by G. R. Reid, January,1911.'
- Volume inscribed at front: G. R. Reid, Epsom, Bendigo, 1857. and again - G. R. Reid, 92, Fraser Street, Richmond.
- Library's volume has book-plate: Free Thought and Radical collection bequeathed to the National Library of Australia by Harry Hastings Pearce.
- Cited In:
- ESTC t073248.
- Slavery -- Early works to 1800
- Other authors/contributors:
- J. Sadler (Printer)
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.