Papers of Rex Nan Kivell, 1938-1977 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Nan Kivell, Rex, 1898-1977
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 1.26 m. (9 boxes) + 5 folios.
The collection consists mainly in correspondence relating to the acquisition of historical items and a typescript catalogue of items sent to the National Library. Other items include: "Geneologies of the Nan Kivell and Cole families"; two notebooks kept by Nan Kivell; art catalogues and other documents; handwritten draft copies of catalogues of his own collection; proof copy of "Portraits of the famous and infamous"; photographs; Rex Nan Kivell's will.
Nan Kivell was a director of the Redfern Gallery, London. Born in New Zealand, he had a keen interest in Australian, New Zealand and Pacific paintings, prints, books and manuscripts. In June 1966 he was granted a C.M.G. "for services in providing the National Library with valuable early Australian and Pacific paintings and manuscripts".
- Manuscript reference: MS 4000.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available online.
- Time Coverage:
- Also Titled:
- Portraits of the famous and infamous
- Genealogies of the Nan Kivell and Cole families
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.