[Portrait of Sir Samuel Griffith, 1845-1920, first Chief Justice of the High Court] [picture] / Talma & Co
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- [between 1903 and 1919]
- 1 photograph : gelatin silver ; image 14.3 x 10.2 cm. on mount 24.3 x 19 cm.
Premier of Queensland and first Chief Justice of Australia. Born in Wales, 1845, arrived in Australia, 1854. Educated in Australia. Became a Privy Councillor, 1901 and Chief Justice of Australia when the High Court was established, 1903. Retired from the High Court, 1919, and died in Brisbane, 1920.
- Title devised by cataloguer from inscription on reverse.
- "Talmatype, Talma & Co., 449 Swanston St., and at Sydney"--Printed beneath image. "Griffith, Sir Samuel Walker [i.e. Walter] 1845-1920, first Chief Justice of the High Court"--In ink on reverse.
- Condition: Good.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-136700328
- Other authors/contributors:
- Talma and Co
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Al-Makhtar fi al mata - la'ah al-'araluyah
- Delegate Cemetery 1852-2004 [electronic resource] / presented by Sandra McClure
- Bao Gong qi shi er jian qi an
- Science, process philosophy and the image of man [manuscript] : the metaphysical foundations for a critical social science / Arran Emrys Gare
- Rapport sur les transports sanitaires par avion en Suède : établi sur mandat du Comité central de la Croix-rouge suédoise / par Fritz Bauer