Interests of state : the politics of language, multiculturalism, and feminism in Canada / Leslie A. Pal
- Bib ID:
- Pal, Leslie Alexander, 1954-
- Montreal ; Buffalo : McGill-Queen's University Press, c1993
- xiii, 330 p. ; 24 cm.
- Full contents:
- Pt. 1. Theoretical Considerations. 1. The Problem of the State. 2. Collective Action and the State
- Pt. 2. Citizenship Policy and Administration. 3. Secretary of State, 1867-1945: Toward a Citizenship Role. 4. The Citizenship Branch, 1945-1968. 5. The Rise and Fall of "Citizen Participation," 1968-1971. 6. Program Evolution and Change, 1974-1989
- Pt. 3. Programs and Organizations. 7. Social Action and Official Language Minority Groups. 8. Multiculturalism. 9. The Women's Program
- Pt. 4. Conclusions. 10. Citizenship and Collective Action. 11. The State and Collective Mobilization.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Three years in Canada [microform] : an account of the actual state of the country in 1826-7-8, comprehending its resources, productions, improvements, and capabilities, and including sketches of the state of society, advice to emigrants, &c. / by John Mactaggart
- Three years in Canada [electronic resource] : an account of the actual state of the country in 1826-7-8, comprehending its resources, productions, improvements, and capabilities, and including sketches of the state of society, advice to emigrants, &c. / by John Mactaggart
- Canada, the land of hope, by E. Way Elkington
- The rejection of politics, and other essays on Canada, Canadians, anarchism and the world/ George Woodcock
- Canada / by B. Moore and the editors of Life