A narrative of a visit to the Australian colonies / by James Backhouse
- Bib ID:
- Backhouse, James, 1794-1869
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. Selected plates
- London : Hamilton, Adams, 1843
- xviii, 560, cxliv pages,  leaves of plates (3 folded) : illustrations, 3 maps ; 23 cm.
- Hallstrom Pacific Collection.
- Rex NanKivell collection, NK3062, NK3128, NK3789, NK3894.
- All National Library of Australia's copies bound in green cloth.
- National Library of Australia's FC F3558 copy inscribed "A. Liversidge" on title page [Archibald Liversidge].
- National Library of Australia's FRM F3558 (Petherick) copy has binding instructions in pencil on first fly leaf; also inscribed in ink, "Skinner from his friend James Backhouse of York 1848".
- National Library of Australia's GMM copy signed by Gregory Mathews; bears ex-libris bookplate of Gregory M. Mathews.
- National Library of Australia's Nan Kivell Collection copies all bear bookplates of Rex de C. Nan Kivel: NK3062 (no. 1843/30) and also the armorial bookplate of Henry Lonnall "Grace me guide"; NK3128 (no. 1843/31); NL3789 (no. 1843/34) also inscribed Thomas Mynell Junior 1849; NK3802 (no. 1843/35) also inscribed "William Calvert 1848" and "Adam Calvert Thomas ? Dublin 10th of 3 month 1843".
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-138467394
- Condition yellow paper at FRM F3558 (both NL copies)
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection NK3062, NK3128, NK3894, NK3789, NK3802.
- Cited In:
- Ferguson, J.A. Bibliography of Australia, 3558
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 18 records.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Tales of the big country / [by] Keith Willey
- In a new country
- A narrative of a visit to the Australian colonies [electronic resource] / by James Backhouse
- A narrative of a visit to the Australian colonies [microform] / by James Backhouse
- The present state of Australia [electronic resource] : a description of the country, its advantages and prospects, with reference to emigration, and a particular account of the manners, customs, and condition of its aboriginal inhabitants / by Robert Dawson