South Australia and federation / P.A. Howell
- Bib ID:
- Howell, P. A. (Peter Anthony), 1938-
- Kent Town, S. Aust. : Wakefield Press, 2002
- xiii, 418 p. : ill., maps, ports. ; 24 cm
- 1862545499 (paperback)
South Australia and Federation presents a lively and lucid account of what was happening in South Australia at a vital turning point in its history. The Federation era was the high-water mark of South Australians' interaction with people in the rest of Australia. Peter Howell tells this story in the context of a fresh examination of the ways in which South Australians were developing their own community, yet often from 1901 the State's destiny was being moulded in unexpected ways by people living beyond its eastern boundaries -- cover.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Wakefield Press
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- South Australia's contributions to the making of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia / P. A. Howell
- South Australia's contribution to federation / Peter Howell
- Personalities, pragmatists & visionaries : the origins and federation of Australia / Cameron Archer
- 1901, Australian life at Federation : an illustrated chronicle / edited by Aedeen Cremin with David Carment ... [et al.]
- Federation / David Morrissey