Papers of Gwen Walker-Smith, 1913-1988 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Walker-Smith, Gwen
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 3 cm. (3 folders)
Letters written by Christina Stead to her cousin Gwendolen (Gwen) Walker-Smith, 1913-1968; postcards, birthday and Christmas cards to Gwen; correspondence between Australian publishers and Gwen, 1939-1968; newspaper cuttings from "Sydney Sun" and "Sydney Morning Herald" 1934-1988; issue of "Biblionews" vol. II, no. 1 issue 144 Jan. 1958; issue of "Left Review" vol. 1, no. 11 Aug. 1935; issue of "The Kookaburra - magazine of the Sydney Teacher's College" vol. XIII, Nov. 1921; issue of "Monthly Review - an independent socialist magazine" vol. 20, no. 2 June 1968; jacket covers (1st editions) of "The Salzburg tales", and "Seven poor men of Sydney"; biographical notes by Gwen Walker-Smith and Jean Saxelby; includes a list of all documents in collection compiled by David Meale.
Gwendolen Florence Walker-Smith (1907-1997) was first cousin to Christina Stead.
Christina Stead was born on 17 July, 1902 in Sydney, was educated in Australia but spent most of her life abroad. Her novels first began to be published in 1934. She returned to Australia to live in 1974.
- Manuscript reference no. : NLA MS 8617.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Notes from the 48th North : spotlight on a stream of consciousness / Isolde Martin
- Autograph letters of biologists and geologists [microform] : [M2709], 1843-1933
- Papers of Kenson Kwok, 1967-1995
- Across the miles and through the years: correspondence of our pioneer ancestors / edited by Christine Fieldew
- Early Australian letters, 1834-1872 [manuscript]