Economic transfers in the United States / edited by Marilyn Moon
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- Table of contents only
- Related Online Resources:
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, c1984
- x, 388 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Studies in income and wealth ; v. 49.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: Acknowledgments
- Introduction by Marilyn Moon
- 1. Transfers in a Total Incomes System of Accounts
- Robert Eisner
- 2. An Accounting Framework for Transfer Payments and Its Implications for the Size Distribution of Income
- Edward C. Budd, Daniel B. Radner, and T. Cameron Whiteman
- Comment: Robert Lampman
- 3. Transfer Elements in the Taxation of Income from Capital
- Harvey Galper and Eric Toder
- Comment: Benjamin A. Okner
- 4. Approaches to Measuring and Valuing In-Kind Subsidies and the Distribution of Their Benefits
- Timothy M. Smeeding
- Comment: Janice Peskin
- 5. The Effect of Different Measures of Benefit on Estimates of the Distributive Consequences of Government Programs
- Edgar O. Olsen and Kathy A. York
- Comment: Robert Hutchens
- 6. The Role of Time in the Measurement of Transfers and Well-Being
- James N. Morgan
- Comment: Daniel S. Hamermesh 7. Income Transfers and the Economic Status of the Elderly
- Sheldon Danziger, Jacques van der Gaag, Eugene Smolensky, and Michael K. Taussig
- Comment: Barbara Boyle Torrey
- 8. The Role of Income Transfers in Reducing Inequality between and within Regions
- David Betson and Robert Haveman
- Comment: Peter Gottschalk
- 9. Trends in Social Security Wealth by Cohort
- Robert Moffitt
- Comment: Joseph F. Quinn
- 10. Raising the Normal Retirement Age under Social Security: A Life-Cycle Analysis
- Jennifer L. Warlick and Richard V. Burkhauser
- List of Contributors
- Author Index
- Subject Index.
- Papers presented at the Conference on Social Accounting for Transfers held in Madison, Wis., on 14-15 May, 1982.
- Includes bibliographies and indexes.
- Papers presented at the Conference on Social Accounting for Transfers held in Madison, Wis. on 14-15 May, 1982.
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- A study of the concept of national income
- The structure of income : some quantitative essays / by Irving B. Kravis
- An introduction to national income and income analysis
- Macrogeography and income fronts
- Income distribution in the United States by size, 1944-1950 / prepared in the Office of Business Economics, National Income Division