Partial differential equations in classical mathematical physics / Isaak Rubinstein, Lev Rubinstein
- Bib ID:
- Rubinstein, Isaak
- Online Version:
- Table of contents
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher description
- Cambridge [England] ; New York, NY, USA : Cambridge University Press, 1993
- xiv, 676 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: 1. Introduction
- 2. Typical equations of mathematical physics. Boundary conditions
- 3. Cauchy problem for first-order partial differential equations
- 4. Classification of second-order partial differential equations with linear principal part. Elements of the theory of characteristics
- 5. Cauchy and mixed problems for the wave equation in R1. Method of traveling waves
- 6. Cauchy and Goursat problems for a second-order linear hyperbolic equation with two independent variables. Riemann's method
- 7. Cauchy problem for a 2-dimensional wave equation
- Cauchy problem for the wave equation in R3
- 9. Basic properties of harmonic functions
- 10. Green's functions
- 11. Sequences of harmonic functions
- 12. Outer boundary-value problems
- 13. Cauchy problem for heat-conduction equation
- 14. Maximum principle for parabolic equations
- 15. Application of Green's formulas
- 16. Heat potentials
- 17. Volterra integral equations and their application to solution of boundary-value problems in heat-conduction theory
- 18. Sequences of parabolic functions
- 19. Fourier method for bounded regions
- 20. Integral transform method in unbounded regions
- 21. Asymptotic expansions
- Appendices 1-5.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 665-670) and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Rubinstein, Lev
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.