Patrick White and the religious imagination : Arthurs' dream / Michael Giffin
- Bib ID:
- Giffin, Michael, 1953-
- Uniform Title:
- Arthur's dream
- Lewiston, N.Y. : Edwin Mellen Press, c1999
- xii, 268 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Studies in art and religious interpretation ; v. 25.
- Full contents:
- Preface / David Jasper
- 1. To Imagine The Real
- 2. The Primitive Imagination: Myths of the Goddess, the Superman and the Irrational
- 3. The Revealed Imagination (I): Judaism between Haskalah, Torah and Kabbalah
- 4. The Revealed Imagination (II): Christianity between Athens, Jerusalem and Stonehenge
- 5. The Classical Imagination: Myths of Nature, Reason and Enlightenment
- 6. The Symbol Gives Rise To Thought.
- Originally published: Arthur's dream. Paddington, N.S.W., Australia : Spaniel Books, 1996.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 253-262) and indexes.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Zong jiao de ao mi / Lü Hongru, Xin Shijun
- New studies in religion / edited by Terence Lovat & John McGrath ; contributions from Elizabeth Fletcher and Jennifer Follers
- The dilemmas of contemporary religion / David Martin
- Is there a universal grammar of religion? / Henry Rosemont, Jr. and Huston Smith ; with the assistance of Martin J. Verhoeven and David Rounds
- Das Werden des Gottes-glaubens : Untersuchungen uber die Anfange der Religion / deutsche Bearbeitung [nach dem swedischen Original] hrsg. von Rudolf Stube