Portrait of Edward (Ned) Mosby [picture]
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- [ca. 1890]
- 1 photograph : gelatin silver ; 22 x 16.6 cm.
Edward (Ned) Mosby was an American seaman on a whaling ship, who jumped ship in the Torres Islands probably in the 1890s and made his way to York Island where he settled, fathering a considerable family whose descendents are still the leading figures on the Island. At one time, he helped the French missionary priests from Thursday Island to the mountainous Kuni region of Yule Island. More background to this story may be found in accounts about Henri Verjus, the first French missionaries to go to New Guinea. -- Accession record.
- Title from accession record..
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-136392962
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Unable to determine date of publication or creation
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- [Portrait of a man and woman] [picture] / [George Gordon McCrae]
- [Portrait of young girl standing on a chair] / [picture]
- [Portrait of a girl leaning against a chair] [picture] / Adolph Klemm
- Calico Bull, the great American drama, Theatre Royal, Sydney, New South Wales, [ca. 1913] [picture] / Crystal Palace Studio
- [Portrait of an unknown man with a beard] [picture]