Harold White interviewed by Peter Biskup [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- White, Harold Leslie, Sir, 1905-1992, interviewee
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- 1988 Apr. 6
- 2 sound tape reels (ca. 124 min.) : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 track, stereo ; 10 in.
Sir Harold White, former National Librarian describes his role in the establishment of the Commonwealth Archives Office firstly as part of the National Library and then as a separate entity. He also talks about his own personal and long-standing interest in the preservation of Australian records and his study of archives in the United States.
- Recorded on April 6, 1988 in Canberra.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Corrected transcript (typescript, 85 leaves)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Biskup, Peter, 1926-2013, interviewer
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2058 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Walter Fox interviewed by Peter Johnson for the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Press cuttings; war diary, 1928-1954 [manuscript]
- By Jacob's well : a planned retreat / James Leen
- Der Schlager : Bestandsaufnahme, Analyse, Dokumentation, ein Leitfaden / Hans Christoph Worbs
- Monkey on a stick : murder, madness and the Hare Krishnas / John Hubner and Lindsey Gruson