Papers of Beryl Henderson, 1973-1992 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Henderson, Beryl, 1897-1990
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 0.60 m. (4 boxes)
The papers in MS 9360 form an artificial series put together by Edna Ryan. They consist mainly of personal correspondence between Beryl Henderson and Edna Ryan over a period of thirteen years, 1977-1990. Edna Ryan had kept Henderson's letters and also a carbon copy of her response to each letter. She had also preserved other material including correspondence with others and newscuttings relating to the translation of "Abortion: the Bobigny affair" from the French. Edna Ryan acted as agent for Beryl Henderson in negotiations with the publisher, Wild and Wooley, and also assisted in fundraising activities to enable the book to be published in Australia. The main correspondents are Beryl Henderson, Edna Ryan and Florence Robinson (4 boxes).
Feminist and activist. Beryl Henderson was born in England and came to live in Canberra in the late 1960s. She was responsible in the setting up of the Abortion Law Reform Association in Canberra. In 1974 Henderson translated from French the book on the Bobigny Trial. She died in Israel.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 9360.
- Associated materials: Papers of Edna Ryan, 1948-1993 MS 9140, MS Acc09.172.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Finding aid available in the Special Collections Reading Room and on the Internet at: http://www.nla.gov.au/ms/findaids/9360.html
- Other authors/contributors:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Abortion: the Bobigny affair, a law on trial : a complete record of the pleadings at the Court of Bobigny, 8 November 1972 / introduction by Simone de Beauvoir; [translation by Beryl Henderson]
- Monuments and memorials / edited by Beryl Henderson ; foreword by Joan Kerr
- Papers [ca. 1836-ca. 1960] [microform]
- How to get your garden going / Editor: Beryl Guertner
- On call : Ceduna Ambulance 1967-1997 / Beryl Wegner