Voice of dissent : Theophilus Gould Steward (1843-1924) and Black America / William Seraile
- Bib ID:
- Seraile, William, 1941-
- Brooklyn, N.Y. : Carlson Pub., 1991
- xv, 251 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Full contents:
- I. The Early Years in New Jersey
- II. Missionary to South Carolina
- III. Georgia: The Making of a Leader
- IV. Delaware and Haiti
- V. Brooklyn, 1874-1879
- VI. Pennsylvania and Delaware: Time of Personal Crisis, 1877-1883
- VII. Return to Pennsylvania, 1883-1886
- VIII. Washington, Baltimore, and the End of Itineracy, 1886-1891
- IX. Fort Missoula, 1891-1898
- X. Spanish-American War and Philippine Pacification
- XI. Fort Niobrara and the End of Chaplaincy
- XII. Educator and Traveler
- XIII. The Last Years.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Women of distinction : remarkable in works and invincible in character / by L.A. Scruggs ... ; introduction by Mrs. Josephine Turpin Washington ; special contributions by T. Thomas Fortune, William Still, J. Hugo Johnston ... [and 11 others]
- Beating against the barriers : biographical essays in nineteenth-century Afro-American history / R.J.M. Blackett
- Young and Black in America. Introductory notes by Julius Lester
- Blacks in science and medicine / Vivian Ovelton Sammons
- Women in politics