Gold and typhoid : two fevers : a social history of Western Australia, 1891-1900 / Vera Whittington
- Bib ID:
- Whittington, Vera
- Nedlands, W.A. : University of Western Australia Press, 1988
- xxv, 455 p. : ill., maps, ports. ; 24 cm.
- 0855642750 (paperback)
Social history of Western Australia, focussing on the discovery of gold, water famine and the typhoid epidemic ; sporadic references to Aboriginal people.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 423-429.
- Typhoid fever -- Social aspects -- Western Australia
- Gold mines and mining -- Social aspects -- Western Australia
- Nursing services -- Western Australia -- History
- Health - Infectious diseases
- Occupations - Miners
- Mining industry - Gold
- Water supply
- Health services - Health workers - Nurses and nursing
- Western Australia -- Social conditions -- 1891-1901
- Gascoyne / Murchison area (WA SG50)
- Coolgardie (SE WA Goldfields SH51-09)
- Yilgarn (SW WA SH50-16)
- Kalgoorlie map area (SE WA Goldfields SH51-09)
- Western Australia (WA)
- Mount Margaret (SE WA SH51-02)
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.