Diplomacy and strategy of survival : British policy and Franco's Spain, 1940-41 / Denis Smyth
- Bib ID:
- Smyth, Denis, 1948-
- Online Version:
- Table of contents only
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher description
- Cambridge [Cambridgeshire] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1986
- xi, 335 p. ; 24 cm.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: 1. Britain and and the birth of Franco's Spain, 1936-39; 2. Defining a policy; 3. Opposition; 4. The Spanish scene; 5. Strategic diplomacy: September-October, 1940; 6. Economic diplomacy: September-December, 1940; 7. The Tangier crisis; 8. The limits of attraction; 9. The exhaustion of diplomacy.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 311-321.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The Case of the copper and brass makers, and the manufacturers of brass in Great-Britain [electronic resource]
- Articles of peace, entercourse, and commerce, concluded in the names of the most high and mighty kings, Charles by the grace of God King of Great Britaine, France and Ireland, defender of the faith, &c. and Philip the fourth King of Spaine, &c. [microform] In a treaty at Madrit, the fift day of Nouember after the old stile, in the yeere of our Lord God M.DC.XXX. Translated out of Latine into English
- An address to the Parliament and people of Great Britain [microform] : on the past and present state of affairs between Spain and Great Britain, respecting their American possessions
- Britain's mistakes in the commencement and conduct of the present war [microform] / by a merchant and citizen of London
- War against Spain declared [electronic resource] : a dialogue between a citizen and a courtier : to which is added, a proposal humbly oferr'd to the consideration of the legislature for making England the terror of the whole world