[Extracts about Australia]
- Bib ID:
- Uniform Title:
- Hogg's weekly instructor.
- Edinburgh, [1845-1851]
- nos. ; 26 cm.
- Full contents:
- A chapter in emigration life. Vol. VI, new series, 1851, pp.136-140
- The emigrant’s invocation, addressed to Anglo-Saxons [poem] / C.D.S. Vol. VI, new series, 1851, no pagination.
- Alexander Selkirk, the original Robinson Crusoe. Vol. IV, new series, 1850, pp.131-134
- The North-West Passage, part I. Vol. IV, new series, 1850, pp. 139-142
- The North-West Passage, part II. Vol. IV, new series, 1850, pp. 157-160
- To a small Australian flower, written in New South Wales [poem] / Richard Howitt. 1849, no pagination.
- Sir James Ross’s voyages to the southern seas. / ‘A voyage of discovery and research in the Southern and Antarctic regions during the years 1839-43’. Captain Sir James Clark Ross. 1849, pp. 28-32.
- Sir James Ross’s voyages to the southern seas. Second article. / Captain Sir James Clark Ross. 1849, pp. 37-40.
- Free Church of Scotland colony at Otago. 1849, pp.87-88.
- A New Zealand harpooner / ‘Omoo or adventures in the South Seas’, [Herman Melville]. 1849, pp. 88-[89?].
- The song of the locomotive [poem]. 1849, p.211.
- La Perouse. 1849, pp.212-215.
- Aborigines of New South Wales / ‘Notes and sketches of New South Wales’. Mrs Charles Meredith. Vol. I, 1845, [p.63].
- United States Exploring Expedition to the Antarctic / C. Wilkes. Vol. I, 1845, pp.250-253.
- Enterprise in tropical Australia / G. Windsor Earl. Vol. IV, 1847, pp.60-63.
- Present state of the island of Borneo / ‘Voyage of H.M.S. Dido’ by Captain Keppell. Vol. IV, 1847, pp.86-88.
- Book-life. Vol. IV, 1847, pp.209-211.
- Australia Felix in 1841: Colonial coilers. From the unpublished note-book of Richard Howitt. Vol. IV, 1847, pp 211-213.
- A hand-made compilation of pages from Hogg's Weekly Instructor (later titled Hogg's Instructor), 1845-1851, containing articles relating to Australia, New Zealand, the South Seas (i.e. South Pacific), Borneo, Antarctic and the North-West Passage. Includes some title pages and tables of contents from the original issues. Sections of pages containing unwanted articles have been pasted over with grey paper.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Howitt, Richard, 1799-1869
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.