Papers of Frank Johnston, 1936-1981 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Johnston, Frank H. (Frank Henry), 1910-1989
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 2.8 m. (20 boxes)
Papers relating mainly to a series of organised tours for the study of agricultural and livestock management practices in overseas countries undertaken by Johnston during the years 1936 to 1981. The tours are documented in a series of 58 volumes and recorded with photographs. The volumes are supplemented with original letters from people who participated in the tours, reports of observations by Johnston, and other papers.
Publisher, photographer and businessman with an interest in Australia's pastoral industry and the history of aviation.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 8272.
- Related Material:
- Associated material: Photographs from the Frank H. Johnston Collection dealing mainly with the pastoral industry of Northern Australia are held in National Library of Australia Pictorial Section.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (7 p.).
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.