Biographical directory of the American Congress, 1774-1961: the Continental Congress, September 5, 1774, to October 21, 1788 and the Congress of the United States, from the First to the Eighty-sixth Congress, March 4, 1789, to January 3, 1961, inclusive
- Bib ID:
- United States. Congress
- Online Version:
- Online version
- [Rev. ed.
- Washington] U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1961
- 1863 p. illus. 30 cm.
- House document (United States. Congress. House) ; 85th Congress, 2nd session, no. 442.
- "This volume, compiled by Clifford P. Reynolds, publications technician of the [Joint] Committee [on Printing], is a revision of the Dictionary of the United States Congress and the general government, published in 1859 and again revised in 1869, by Charles Lanman; the Biographical annals of the civil government of the United States in 1876, by Joseph Lanman and James Anglin, and the Lanman edition of 1876 as corrected by Joseph M. Morrison in 1887; the Political register and congressional directory of 1878; by Ben: Perley Poore; the Biographical congressional directory of 1903, by O. M. Enyart; the Biographical congressional directory in 1911, the Biographical directory of the American Congress of 1927, by Ansel Wold, and the 1949 edition by James L. Harrison."
- Also available in an electronic version via the Internet. Address as of 11/6/2010: http://bioguide.congress.gov/biosearch/biosearch.asp
- Other authors/contributors:
- Reynolds, Clifford P
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Biographical directory of the American Congress, 1774-1971, the Continental Congress, September 5, 1774, to October 21, 1788, and the Congress of the United States, from the First through the Ninety-first Congress, March 4, 1789, to January 3, 1971, inclusive
- Biographical directory of the American Congress, 1774-1996 : the Continental Congress, September 5, 1774, to October 21, 1788, and the Congress of the United States, from the First through the 104th Congress, March 4, 1789, to January 3, 1997 / [editor, Joel D. Treese]
- Biographical directory of the United States Congress, 1774-present [electronic resource]
- The American Congress
- Congress: the sapless branch