Papers of Sir Arthur Coles, 1937-1978 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Coles, Arthur, Sir, 1892-1982
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 56 cm. (4 boxes)
The collection includes letters to Sir Arthur; newscutting books and loose clippings; photographs; programmes; invitations; menus and other papers. The papers relate to his period as Lord Mayor of Melbourne; his term as Member of the House of Representatives and his chairmanship of the War Damage Commission, the Commonwealth Rationing Commission; British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines, National Australian Airlines Commission (later TAA) and the CSIRO.
Businessman and politician. Lord Mayor of Melbourne, 1938-1940; MHR for Henty, 1940-1946; Chairman of: Commonwealth Rationing Commission, 1942-1950; War Damage Commission, 1942-1948; British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines, 1946-1950; and the Australian National Airlines Commission, 1946-1950.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 7296.
- Related Material:
- Associated material: Oral history interview is held in National Library of Australia Oral History Section.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (8 p.).
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Papers relating to Australian Transcontinental Airways, 1935
- Australian National Airlines Commission
- Challenge in the skies : the founding of T.A.A. / [by] Ian Sabey
- Silver wings in Pacific skies : Australia's first trans-Pacific airline : British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines / Harry M. Moore
- Development of the national archives : report, September 1973 / [by] W. Kaye Lamb