Papers of Sir Isaac Isaacs, 1883-1969 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Isaacs, Isaac, Sir, 1855-1948
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 1 m. 30 cm.
Correspondence, letters to his family, especially to his daughter, Marjorie Cohen, 1934-1947. Xerox copies of correspondence between Edmund Barton and S.W. Griffith, between Isaacs and Julius Stone and general correspondence, 1883-1947. Papers relating to the Jewish controversy with Julius Stone, notes on Isaacs made by Zelman Cowen. Newspaper cuttings, ca. 1893-1947. Family papers. Photographs. Notebooks. Visitor's book from Government House, Canberra, 1931-1935. Publications.
Graduated L.L.M., 1880. Made a Q.C. in1899. Elected to Victorian Legislative Assembly, 1892. Made Solicitor-general, 1893, Attorney-general, 1905-1906. 1906-1930, Justice of the High Court. Governor-general of Australia, 1931-1936.
- Manuscript reference no.: NLA MS 2755.
- Related Material:
- Badge of the Order of the Bath, Civil Division awarded to Sir Isaac Isaacs in 1937 located at; National Library of Australia Pictures collection PIC OBJ A40002071.
- Star of the Order of the Bath, Knight Grand Cross (G.C.B.) awarded to Sir Isaac Isaacs in 1937 located at; National Library of Australia Pictures collection PIC OBJ A40000443.
- Knight Grand Cross Star of the Order of St Michael and St George awarded to Sir Isaac Isaacs in 1932 located at; National Library of Australia Pictures collection PIC OBJ A40000435.
- Collar of the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George awarded to Sir Isaac Isaacs in 1932 located at; National Library of Australia Pictures collection PIC OBJ A40000427
- Cited In:
- Guide to collection of manuscripts relating to Australia ; B1096.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Finding aid available online.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.